We run a continuous software engineer recruitment programme and are always looking for suitably qualified, experienced embedded software engineers and hardware designers and developers to join our team. If you would like to join this growing team, where maturity, experience and ability to work individually or in a team are highly valued, then please contact us
Below you will find a description of the typical opportunity available within our company:
Experienced Senior Embedded Software Engineer / Developer – Crewe
C, C++, Linux.
Ideal role for an experienced embedded software developer looking for a position that respects both knowledge and experience and carries the responsibility of independent work
We are a small but market-leading development company for embedded software and hardware, with clients in a wide range of industries. Due to expanding business an exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced senior software developer with strong technical skills to join the team at our Crewe base.
Able to operate within a small team in a casual environment, the successful Senior Software
Developer, with solid industry experience in C, C++, Linux (applications and kernel/drivers), with a working knowledge of multiprocessing / multithreading, will be an innovative thinker and problem solver in order to advance the development of a range of products and projects.
Excellent communication skills and flexibility are required in addition to technical expertise as some of our team operate remotely. Although ideally office based, working from home will also be an option.
This position offers great scope for using your industry experience to bring proven solutions from one industry sector into others.
Your duties as a Senior Software Developer will include:
- Developing embedded software over a wide range of applications in a range of industries.
- Liaising with a small but distributed team to ensure a coordinated effort on joint projects. · Assessing personal effort required within project schedules and managing the workload required to meet deadlines.
- Occasional site visits to clients presenting solutions, demonstrating products and absorbing feedback.
- Great opportunities for adding further new experiences to your already successful career as a software developer.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and qualities:
- C, C++, Linux embedded software developer with at least five years’ industry experience.
- Knowledge or experience of digital video encoding/decoding (including GStreamer) and/or train communication software would be an advantage.
- Hold an IT engineering degree or equivalent.
- A background of industrial control and monitoring / SCADA would be beneficial, but not essential
- Excellent verbal, written and telephone communication skills.
- Be an innovative problem solver, capable of thinking ‘outside the box’.
- Able to work with attention to detail, accuracy and to work under pressure to deadlines.
Salary and reward package:
- Attractive salary depending on skills and experience.
- Private healthcare.
Key Words – Senior Software Developers, Embedded Software Engineers,
Embedded Software Developer, C, C++, Linux, Software Development